Introduction of PHP
- Rasmus Lerdorf unleashed the first version of PHP way back in 1994.
- PHP is a recursive acronym for “PHP: Hypertext Preprocessor”.
- PHP is a server side scripting language that is embedded in HTML.
- It is used to manage dynamic content, databases, session tracking, even build entire e-commerce sites.
- Which means that Client user make request using browser and then Server compile and execute the PHP file and return the result in plain html file to the user.
- The extension of PHP file is .php (e.g: myfile.php)
- The code of php written inside the <?php php code should be written here ?>
PHP Variable :
- Variable is a name given to memory locations where different constants are stored.
- Variable may vary during the execution of the program.
- Example: Z=2.2*X+6-Y+32; here Z , X and Y are variables Which may vary during execution.
- php variable followed by the $ dollar sign (e.g: $variable_name; $name;)
Display output :
echo keyword is used to show the output . there is another function exist to display output such as printf(); etc..
echo “The name is “.$name;
The name is devilx
If you write code inside quote php compiled it as a string.
How to compile php code:
To compile php code there is two method.
- In online we need a website and website hosting server from where we can compile php code.
- But in offline , we need to install xampp or wamp software on the computer
- search google for xampp software then install it on your computer. Find xampp folder in your c: drive or where you install xampp , inside the xampp folder locate htdocs folder, all files that you want to compile should be reside here.
- Open notepad the write the about code in it , save the file with named test.php in the htdocs folder.
- now open xampp control panel and the start the services apache and mysql.
- Open Browser the enter address localhost/test.php
- that’s all you are in your local server and the result will be displayed on your browser.
learn c language that is base language and all language follow the same features of this language such as variable , constant, loops, array, .. etc..
now we will cover next part of php such as how to create webpage using php ..
for database tutorial follow this link DATABASE PHP